Pick and Place Robotics
Systems Interface provides the engineering and manufacturing expertise for a wide variety of industrial robot applications.
With 35 electrical/ mechanical/ controls engineers and 30 skilled panel manufacturing technicians, we can provide services that start with
conceptual design through panel manufacturing --- to Factory Acceptance Test in our 26,000 sqft. facility --- to final commissioning at the
Whether the client application is material handling, process control, machine replacement, or other applications, Systems Interface
has over 30 years of automation experience to draw upon.
We have the in-house expertise that relates to the following design aspects for robotic solutions.
- On site examination of the application taking into consideration design criteria for increased production and/ or reduced risk and/or
improved quality control, funding requirements, employee safety aspects, NEC and UL Code criteria, degree of sophistication for control and operator
interface, and support needs.
- Preliminary proposal development that outlines the kinds of robot mechanical and electrical devices that are the best fit for the application,
including the manufacturer and type of PLC or dedicated robot controller, style of robot, kinds of motors and matching precision gear boxes, style of
end effector, 2D or 3D camera systems, singular or multiple lighting products, safety barriers, ancillary devices such as lasers, proximity switches,
encoders, VFD's, photo-eyes, bar code readers, Human Machine Interface models, and communication options between the electronic equipment.
- Final design solutions that detail all the many facets that govern a very well synchronized robot work cell solution set --- which can include
the work cells functionality to be expanded or modified to meet the client's anticipated future requirements. The final design is directed to meeting
the client's criteria in terms of project cost with the results of increased production, improved safety, and better quality control.
- Dedicated Robot laboratory for testing robot configurations, different camera, lighting equipment, and communications between equipment to
verify everything works in a safe and synchronized manner.
Systems Interface works with clients so that our final deliverable is not only well designed, but will be well supported
over the long term. We provide the following services with each work cell project.
- Kick off meeting for the Systems Interface Team to meet with the client for establishing the agreed upon goals and metrics for the robotics project.
- On-going communications between our Project Team and the client as the project evolves, keeping the client informed of any new developments
or products that could improve their ROI.
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) at Systems Interface so that the client has an opportunity to see the robot system actually working prior to the
actual delivery to his plant.
Training for the client so that they are well versed in the operation and maintenance of the robotic equipment. Full documentation and maintenance
of the robotic equipment. Full documentation is provided in both hardcopy and electronic format as follows:
- O&M Manuals for the devices in the work cell.
- Clear, annotated documentation for the software code used in the robot PLC/ Controller.
- Electrical drawing sets which include panel layout, detailed BOM, wiring schematics, interconnect wiring to field sensors and control elements.
"The world of
robotics is evolving quickly, and implementing robot solutions is becoming more widely recognized a smart way to increase productivity,
improve worker safety, and enhance quality control. We can work closely with you to develop a solution that best fits your needs."